Thursday, January 29, 2009

Paint

The house painting project is taking a bit longer than expected because many things need to be fixed first. The mice I wrote about here and here have been living it up in the attic and causing significant damage.

Today we moved the gecko (and his tank) downstairs so he wouldn't have to breathe paint fumes. He seems at home next to my in-laws' glassware.

The painters are worried about where they will work when this job is finished, so during breaks, they call the unemployment office. The line is always busy.

My brother emailed me about graffiti in Los Angeles. I shouldn't have been surprised that the paint presents an environmental hazard.


Remembering this picture book makes me smile.

I Ain't Gonna Paint No More!

by Karen Beaumont

illustrations by David Catrow

Harcourt, 2005

No comments: