Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Going Green for Christmas?

This morning on NPR, I heard that Black and Decker is going green. They developed a Heat Leak Detector. Apparently this device will detect small cracks and crannies in houses where heat escapes.

I could use this tool to great advantage. Imagine a scene where I demonstrate to the burly repairman why I think heat is escaping from a certain spot in this house. "See, you point the ray gun at the wall, and if the light turns red, there's a leak."

I wonder if The Detector could be used to find the place where mice enter our house. Yes, 'tis the season for small rodent visitors. My husband catches them in live traps, then lets them go in the woods. He leaves a muffin for their first meal away from home.

2 comments:

Debbie Diesen said...

Could be that the mice are breaking in because word has gotten around about the meals-included get-away vacation package.

Ann Finkelstein said...

That explains it.