Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's Sort of Like Camping -

except it isn't fun.

I decided it was time (after living in this house for 21 years) to get the inside painted. We recently solved (I hope) the problem of rain in the kitchen,* but the damage was huge.

Monday, I spent the day moving chachkas to the basement and taking pictures off the walls. My sons own a huge number of tippy trophies.

Yesterday, while the painters repaired drywall, I moved my parents' and my in-laws' china and glassware to the basement so the china cabinets could be moved. My parents and in-laws certainly bought a lot of dishes during their lifetimes. Why did it all end up here?

Everything upstairs is covered in tarps - except my sons' beds. The boys have threatened to move to the Tae Kwon Do studio in search of a little peace and quiet.

The smoke alarms keep going off. I think it's from the paint fumes.

This morning, the painters will be back at 8:30, and my computer will be unplugged. So long ...


*I was going to blog about this problem, but Jacqui Robbins' post about the rain in her kitchen was funnier.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

That sounds miserable, the paint fumes especially. At least the rain in my kitchen wasn't stinky!

Ann Finkelstein said...

The completion date keeps getting pushed back. Maybe we're up to next Tuesday now.