Friday, October 30, 2009

Seasonal Links

Pumpkins
Some creative elementary school kids decorated pumpkins to honor their favorite characters in children's books. My personal fave is the one modeled to look like The Pout Pout Fish, a picture book by Debbie Diesen and illustrated by Dan Hanna.

This year, I'm carving only one pumpkin, the Viking, to honor the local high school.

Costumes
I have to miss the Halloween band performance. The Sousaphones are going as Pacmen this year.

Vampires
An east African spider called Evarcha culicivora prefers mates that have recently fed on blood-filled mosquitoes. This could explain a lot about current literary trends.

NaNoWriMo
I'm in revising mode, plus I'll be attending the Highlights Founders Workshop on Writing YA novels in November, so no NaNo for me.

No comments: