Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Not So Good Idea

I love that feeling when a new idea sparks in my brain.

An entire novel burst into my mind yesterday evening. This concept is funny, exciting, clever ... (I could go on and on.) So what if I had to finish revising CBL and TAoCBS and write DB before I could get to it. The idea is stellar and will only improve on pondering.

In this manuscript, I could employ my knowledge of martial arts and nursing homes. What a combination!

This morning I rushed to my computer and began taking notes.

Then I realized the premise wasn't unique to me. It was the subject of not one, but three, feature length, well-publicised Hollywood films.

Better luck next time.

1 comment:

Ann Finkelstein said...

Jacqui:
At least it will be good for a laugh with my critique group.