Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Confessions, Excuses and Explanations

I haven't been writing ANYTHING.

My WIP is at finishing school. I mailed it to three friends and fellow writers for comments. Since then, I’ve done almost no writing. There were several Life Issues that needed my attention, but most chores can be beaten into submission eventually.

Now what?

I have been toying with the idea for another YA novel, but when I mentioned the concept at a critique group, it was thought to hold little interest for teens. I’m now wondering whether the problem is with the novel's premise or my ability to describe it. Meanwhile, the characters aren’t talking to me. Clearly the idea needs both brainstorming and cogitation.

For the past several years, my writing goals have included submitting an article to ChemMatters Magazine, but I never got around to doing the research, let alone writing anything. Eventually my husband wrote the article. It is both interesting and of value to high school chemistry students. I started working on it today. This week, I hope to finish editing and query the magazine.

Maybe next week, I’ll get an idea for another YA manuscript…

1 comment:

Lori Van Hoesen said...

You've been working hard. Don't be too hard on yourself. Maybe it's simply time to fill the well. ;o)