Friday, July 3, 2015

An Adventure

This blog has been neglected. My photography has too. I've been writing a lot (revising actually), riding my bike and playing my harp. I am now supposed to use two fingers and the thumb on each hand. Sure.

Tomorrow, I embark on a grand adventure!

First, I fly to Boston to spend the Fourth of July with Jeremy. On Sunday, I take the ferry to Martha's Vineyard for a workshop called The Art and Craft of Children's Book Writing, led by Emma Dryden. I'm very excited and a bit nervous. Certainly, I will learn much. I hope to post some pictures when I get back.

3 comments:

Wyman Stewart said...

Revising, Biking, Harping. Sounds great for the mind, body, and soul of a writer. Can't help saying, Harpo Marx is / was my favorite Harpist. Made me, a hopeless harpist with no musical talent, want to play as beautiful as Harpo.

Look forward to future posts updating us on your trip. Nervousness means you have a desire to learn. That's great! Hope your son is full of news on all he has learned. He is following in the footsteps of many notable music artists.

I'm sure the "Bugs of Summer" await your return, while they practice posing for your camera. Flowers must be blossoming with anticipation of your return. You're missed. Going away at times is necessary to refresh your zeal for all you do. Meanwhile, your human butterflies flutter about your blog until you return. May the Muses be with you!

Ann Finkelstein said...

Thanks, Wyman. My trip has been great so far - except my camera seems to be broken. I can't focus it for love or money. Unless I get some help or a miracle occurs, there will be no forthcoming pictures of hydrangeas, lighthouses or sailboats.

Wyman Stewart said...

:-( Sorry to hear that. Good luck finding a fix.