Sunday, January 25, 2015

Amaryllis Time

I took these pictures in the morning on an overcast day when the flowers were slightly backlit. 

These were taken at noon after the sun came out. 

This variety of amaryllis is called Stardust. Here's Hoagy.

One of my favorite online plant companies has a sale on amaryllis after Christmas. I decided to order a second plant. After much deliberation, I chose Aphrodite. When the bulb arrived, there was a note on the receipt telling me Aphrodite sold out and they'd replaced my choice with ...
Dancing Queen.
Fair warning. You know what's coming. 

3 comments:

Buffy Silverman said...

Beautiful flower--and terrific photos!

Ann Finkelstein said...

Thanks, Buffy. The flowers are a truer red than they appear on my screen. I don't know if that's the camera or the computer.

Erin Fanning said...

Gorgeous flowers! And the name--Stardust--fits it perfectly, so poetic.