Saturday, September 24, 2011

Il Ciocco

We went to Italy because my husband was asked to speak at a scientific conference held at the Il Ciocco resort in Tuscany.


I took a picture of the Maritime Alps through the airplane window although I didn't expect it to come out.


This is from our balcony. It was a bit hazy, but the views were breathtaking.


This is a nearby vinyard. If you click on the picture to enlarge, you'll be able to see solar panels behind the white building.


This old house picked up the glow from the setting sun.


The sun setting behind the mountains. The conference ran from Sunday evening through Friday morning. They held sessions in the mornings and evenings and let the scientists out in the afternoons to enjoy the resort, hike, or visit nearby towns. While the meettings were in session, I looked out over these views and worked on my newest novel.


The ancient town of Barga as seen from the terrace of Il Ciocco. My next post will show pictures from our excursion to Barga.

1 comment:

TimInMich said...

Thanks for the pix, Ann; I've been looking forward to them. It looks like a great place to work on a novel! Now I'm looking forward to the Barga pix.