Monday, September 28, 2009

Looking Ahead

I'm squinting out at a busy week.

The SCBWI-Michigan conference begins on Friday, and I need to gather up odds and ends like driving instructions, a packed suitcase and snacks. The pitch session requires a printed copy of a manuscript. I'll also prepare a table of contents with brief notes about each chapter and page numbers. That way I can easily find whatever it is I'm supposed to be looking for in the printed copy.

I'm channeling my inner pachyderm for the first page session. Sometimes that forum gets brutal, because each panelist has a limited amount of time to say something meaningful about every manuscript. It's all meant to improve the manuscript, not crush the writer.

Jeremy takes his driving test on Wednesday.

A tuba audition will be added to the usual potpourri of music lessons, band rehearsals, homework and Tae Kwon Do.

At least I'm ready for next Sunday's nature post. Last night a raccoon came onto our deck and begged to be photographed. He even walked to the part of the deck that is lit by the outside light. Who knew my blog was so popular with wildlife?

2 comments:

Boni Ashburn said...

Have fun Ann!! Wish I was going to see you guys. And good luck at first pages! :)

Ann Finkelstein said...

Boni:
We'll miss you this weekend.