Monday, February 16, 2009

So, How Is the Writing Going?

I started a new project last month that I will affectionately refer to as TAoCBS. I brought the first chapter to my critique group for a thumbs up or thumbs down vote. They voted up. Whew.

Those guys are really smart, though, and they mentioned many aspects to consider and work on. I knew my plot needed some filling out and filling in. Little did I know how much it needed.

Inspiration hasn't exactly been forthcoming.

Going on a long walk every day might help with that inspiration problem. Today, I will walk for sure.

In the mean time, I've been reading my previous work-in-progress (CBL) out loud to check for rhythm, flow and repeated words. I repeat words too often. (See?) 60,000 words is a lot say out loud (more repeated words). I've been indulging in herbal tea and peppermints.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I love your names for your stories. I always call mine things like "That story with Eddy" and "my stupid novel."

Ann Finkelstein said...

They're just acronyms for the titles. My favorite is G&G. It sounds like a discount store.