Wednesday, October 1, 2008

October Writing Goals

I like the beginning of October. Fall color is beginning yet my roses are still blooming. I start accumulating Halloween candy and shopping for pumpkins.

Yet this year, I feel a bit blue. Perhaps it is the aftermath of the conference or simply the realization that another year is almost over and I accomplished little. Sure I worked hard, thought hard and wrote/revised a ton. I submitted G&G (previous WIP) and eventually decided to abandon it. I revised CBL (current WIP) many times, but it isn't ready to submit.

Maybe what I need is a short list of realizable goals to see me through 2008.

1. Finish current revision of CBL by Halloween. (This idea is not as scary as it seems.)
2. Query 5 agents before November 15. (Agents, like the rest of us, are over-scheduled at the end of the year, so I won't send anything during the holidays.)
3. Investigate nonfiction book markets. (At the conference, I realized that if I am to have success as a writer, it is more likely to be in nonfiction.)

Around January 1, I'll let you know how I did.

No comments: