Saturday, August 1, 2009

Lazy Person's Reading Group - August Update




Hmmm. I guess I've been lazy since my July update.
10. A book that pertains to a skill you do not, and never will have.
Another Day in the Frontal Lobe: A Brain Surgeon Exposes Life on the Inside by Katrina Firlik. Don't read this book when you have a headache, especially if you have a tendency to self-diagnose. Sections of this book were fascinating, but other passages, I just skimmed. The most important take-home message is WEAR A SEAT BELT.
8. A book that has recently received rave reviews. Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter. This is the second book in the Gallagher Girl series, and again the voice and the rising tension combine to make an enjoyable read. This time around, I could see some of the plot twists coming.

No comments: