Friday, June 12, 2009

Debbie's Lazy Person's Reading Group

Back in May, Debbie Diesen proposed The Lazy Person's Reading Group on her blog. I don't have entries for all 11 categories, but Debbie suggests trying for five. Here are my seven.

1. A book of fiction you've been looking forward to reading.
The Grail Quest series by Bernard Cornwell. (The Archer's Tale, Vagabond, and Heretic). Okay, that's three books, but I am looking forward to them.

3. A book by someone whose last name begins with Z.
Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr. This book was recommended by Sarah Miller who read the ARC. The book hasn't been released yet, but I guess The Lazy Person's Reading Group won't rush me.

4. A book from a genre you rarely, if ever, read.
My Father's Secret War: A Memoir by Lucinda Franks. I usually don't read memoirs. Why not?

7. A book you figure you probably should read, even though you don't really want to.
His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman. Everybody recommends these books, but somehow, I've never read them. I'll start with The Golden Compass and see how it goes.

8. A book that has recently received rave reviews.
I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter. I see this mentioned everywhere.

10. A book that pertains in some way to a skill you do not, and never will, have.
Another Day in the Frontal Lobe: A Brain Surgeon Exposes Life on the Inside by Katrina Firlik. I stole this from Debbie's list, and I'm not ashamed.

11. A book recommended by your hairdresser or barber.
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. The woman who cuts my hair says this is great.

No comments: