Thursday, August 6, 2009

Things I Should Have Realized a Long Time Ago - Part 6

This evening, while waiting in line at a small local grocery store, I overheard a conversation between a box boy and a box girl. The box boy was wearing a rubber wristband that said Prom 2009. The box girl looked to be about the same age.

Box boy: Why does your mom want you to have blond hair?
Box girl: She wanted me to have highlights for my senior portrait. And she said my roots were showing.
Box boy: It must be difficult to maintain it, with all those different colors.
Box girl: (shrugs)

Okay, if I put this conversation in a manuscript, my critique group would never believe a boy would be so interested in a girl's hair color. [I never discuss my hair color with my husband or teenage sons.]

I guess, if a boy is really interested in a girl, he'll talk about anything.

No comments: