Monday, November 2, 2009

November Challenges

NaNoWriMo
I applaud all who are participating. My critique group has a NaNo spin off in which we will all try to do some writing every day. I made an Excel file to record my efforts. (I love Excel files.)

Saying Goodbye – or at least See You Later
After the SCBWI-MI fall conference, I decided to put aside TAoCBS. Maybe someday, I’ll figure out how to fix it.

Revisions
I must finish my current revision of CBL in the next few days. It needs some breathing room before I take it to the Highlights Founders Workshop on Writing YA Novels later this month.

New Project
A novel idea has been percolating for some time. I’ll begin planning it while CBL is breathing.

Gray Skies
Now that it’s November, we’re unlikely to see sunshine in Michigan until the end of March. Overcast skies didn’t bother me until I became the delighted owner of a digital camera. My Sunday series will become an extended experiment in muted lighting.

3 comments:

TimInMich said...

Boy, I'm with you on that gray sky thing. Typically, November is the worst month for me. But we had a wretched October, with even the colors muted. So it's going to be a hard slog until we have snow on the ground. Anyway, I like your spin on it -- it's an opportunity to take pictures in muted light. (Good job on the nightshade, btw.)
Personally, I'm very fond of taking ice pictures, so my time is coming.

TimInMich said...

Me again. I think it's wonderful that you're going to the Founders' Workshop. I can't wait to hear about it. Are you up for a photojournalism assignment? You may already be planning this, but how about taking some pictures there, e.g., of your cottage and and/or environs, and posting them on the blog? Yeah, there are a few photos on their site, but not enough to show what the surroundings are like.

Ann Finkelstein said...

I didn't know that was nightshade.
Thanks!