Monday, November 16, 2009

Honesdale!



This was my personal cabin at the Young Adult Novel Writing Workshop in Honesdale, PA. If you look closely, you can see my name on the sign in the window. It was so cozy. Check out the inside view and the private porch – complete with an electrical outlet for laptop charging.

I didn’t spend much time there though. Most of our time was spent in the farmhouse learning, critiquing and thinking. Rich Wallace is an amazing writer and teacher. I finally understand novel structure. Nancy Hinkel, Publishing Director of Alfred A. Knopf Books for Young Readers, was friendly, kind and nurturing. Our critiques were fabulous. I may even be able to fix what’s wrong with CBL.

I made some new friends and leaned about my novel. Someday, I hope I'll be able to go back.

5 comments:

Lori Van Hoesen said...

Oh Ann, please teach me novel structure!

It looks lovely, and I'm glad it was so worth it for you to go and that you want to go back. Inspiration is grand ain't it??

Jacqui said...

I want to go live in a cabin and write!

Debbie Diesen said...

It looks like a wonderful place, and I'm glad you had a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Ann Finkelstein said...

Lori:
Maybe we'll do a write night on novel structure.
Jacqui:
They do have a workshop in which you can live in the cabin, eat the glorious food and simply write. We mostly critiqued, although we did write a little.
Debbie:
It was wonderful.

TimInMich said...

It sounds super! I'm so glad for you, Ann. That must have recharged your batteries. I can't wait to hear all about it.
And I'm jealous! I wanna go there. I've checked out the website and it looks like there are some good choices for spring. (The picture book one is already sold out.) Are the environs wooded? Will it be pretty in spring?