Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday Musings

On Learning:
The master of my sons’ Tae Kwon Do studio said, “You learn more from the tournaments you lose than the ones you win.” If that applies to writing conferences, I must know a lot.

On Critiquing:
I don’t critique as much as I used to, and the manuscripts my critique group produces are of superior quality. But I find that when I think hard about someone else’s manuscript I often learn something about my own.

On Experimenting:
One of the cool things about having a digital camera, is that photography is free – after the initial expenditure for the camera. Since I don’t have to think about the price of film or developing, I take a lot of pictures. I’m free to play with camera settings, light, distance, etc. The same can be said of writing. In my last revision, I tried some new perspectives. I need to experiment more often.

No comments: