Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Things I Should Have Realized a Long Time Ago - Part 4

You are what you wear – at least if you’re a teen. Many kids’ identities are strongly associated with their group, and their style announces their allegiance.

Some kids go beyond choir sweatshirts and Letterman’s jackets. Last summer the varsity football team shaved their heads.

The heavy metal rock performance I mentioned in yesterday's post was long and loud, and I had time to study the musicians. Of course, they wore lots of metallic accessories, and many were pierced and tattooed. The female base player seemed undecided between rocker and popular high school girl. She wore tight jeans, Ugg® boots and a black designer sweatshirt with silver ornamentation. The boys in the band had skinnier arms than Sam’s iron-pumping football pals.

In my WIP, I hope to make the most of fashion, without making too much of it.

No comments: