Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Liebster Blog Award


My lonely, little blog has been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by my kind friends, Juliet Bond and Regina Gort, over at City Muse Country Muse. Thank you, Gina and Juliet! 

I’m supposed to list eleven things about myself, so here goes.
  1. I love to bodysurf, but I no longer live near an ocean.
  2. I enjoy bicycling.
  3. Currently, I am involved in trying to turn our feral backyard into a woodland wonderland.
  4. I am fascinated with nature. Perhaps you’ve noticed this from my photographs. Since I love nature, I try not to resent the deer, squirrels and rabbits that thwart my efforts on point 3.
  5. My relaxing thing to do is string beads, although I don’t indulge in this very often.
  6. When I was in high school, I wanted to be a musician.
  7. I became a scientist instead.
  8. I found it difficult to be both a mom and a scientist, so I became a writer.
  9. My husband and I met on a blind date, a Fourth of July picnic.
  10. It would have been sensible to adopt my husband’s last name when we married.
  11. I have two grown sons who are talented, creative and interesting people. 
I’m also supposed to answer eleven extremely difficult questions. 
1. Why write?
2. Favorite author and why?
3. Favorite book and why?
4. The meal you would eat while reading that book?
5. The question you would ask the author of that book?
6.  The way you might use that story in your own writing?
7. An excerpt from the book?
8. Favorite plot point in the book
9. Who you have recommended the book to?
10. The playlist you would create for this book?
11. The famous person you would like to give this book to and why?

I write because I need a creative outlet. I didn’t write when I was a scientist, because that job filled that need. I don’t really have one favorite book or one favorite author. I rarely eat when reading or compile playlists. While I’m dancing away from answering most of the questions, number 6 hints at a very important concept. Every time we read, we should think about what the author does extremely well and try to improve our own writing accordingly.

Thanks again for the award. Please visit City Muse Country Muse. Gina and Juliet are posting a new poem each day this month.

1 comment:

Ann Finkelstein said...

I have no idea why blogger changed the font sizes on some sections of this post and wouldn't let me correct it. Blogger can be willful.