Monday, July 23, 2012

Good Vibrations

We didn’t own a piano when I was growing up. Instead, my parents bought an electric Hammond organ, and my mother used to play after my brother and I went to bed. My room was close to the living room, and the floor would vibrate as my mother played “Red Roses for a Blue Lady” or “Georgia on My Mind.” I loved falling asleep to that gentle oscillation.

My floor still vibrates, but to different beats. When Chaotic Paradise rehearses in our basement, the house shakes. Jeremy’s personal practicing is somewhat quieter, but the vibration can still be detected. And since the drum kit for Jeremy’s band is here, the drummer often comes over to work on solos. I doubt my mother would appreciate Jeremy’s metal music, but she’d be happy to know that people I love still rock my world.

No comments: