Monday, August 4, 2008

What I Learned

1. My WIP is in better shape than I thought. The next draft will be more like housecleaning than remodeling. Note: the last draft was a major overhaul, and some construction debris need to be removed.

2. Whining will not get the novel written. Everyone has challenges in their writing life. My problems are minor. I should close my mouth and open my computer files.

3. I need to get a handle on my insomnia. When it flairs up, I tend to be depressed, unrealistic and error-prone. I don't have time for any of that. When all else fails, create an Excel file. I've started keeping track of behaviors (and beverages) that may affect my sleep patterns.

1 comment:

Ruth McNally Barshaw said...

1. Congrats on the WIP progress!
2. We all have challenges and we all need to vent in a safe place. WGCG is a safe place.
3. Insomnia is insidious. It will destroy everything, eventually. I suspect it's common in women our age. Documentation is smart!
:::raising a glass to your continued success::: I believe in you.