The World's Greatest Critique Group departs today for our first writing retreat. We hit the road, as soon as I:
1. finish packing
2. deliver my younger son and his Sousaphone (oh yeah, and his percussion-playing friend) to the high school
3. visit my mom and my brother who is very temporarily in town (30 hour layover)
4. pick up the younger son and friend, but maybe not the Sousaphone which I hope will be left in the band room
5. feed two hungry teenagers, possibly three or four
6. pick up Ruth from the community center where her youngest is performing in a play.