Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Mouse

A friend is sketching mice for her newest project. While I realize that excellent photos of mice are available on the internet, I wanted to give her a couple of mine. Here is one of the six mice that decided to live in our kitchen last winter. My husband trapped them in a live trap. We released them in the woods several miles from here. The woods are on the other side of the Red Cedar River and a highly-trafficked four-lane road. We don't think our mice will come home again. 

Mice are difficult to photograph. They don't pose. Once this one was clear of the trap, he or she dashed for cover.



5 comments:

Buffy Silverman said...

So cute when they are escaping the trap and heading for the woods. Less cute in the kitchen.

Wyman Stewart said...

Reminds me of the release Of Mice and Men. Good man, your husband. To note this photographic event, I suggest music by....Mouse and The Traps...song, Sometimes You Just Can't Win.

They were a Texas band, who had success in Texas and various regions of the U.S., from 1965 to 1969. Your son may prefer their heavier stuff, such as the song, A Public Execution.

Thanks for allowing my corny humor. Reminds me of feeding "home invading" field mice popcorn, as a boy, while at my grandparents farm home. From Florida, the state Mickey Mouse captured. :-)

Ann Finkelstein said...

Buffy: They are certainly well-fed mice thanks to their vacation in the kitchen.

Ann Finkelstein said...

Wyman: Thanks for the musical recommendations. I'll check them out.

TimInMich said...

Aaaaaahh! I can't tell if it's a white-footed or deer mouse. But it's a potential reservoir for Lyme disease. (As opposed to deer, which are reproductive hosts, but not disease reservoirs.) May I respectfully suggest that you slaughter the little *&#@'s in future? I've killed plenty at work, and glad of it.
But yes, very cute.