Friday, November 1, 2013

Not Me

I never do NaNoWriMo. Most Novembers, I use the excuse that I'm in the middle of revising, but I have other reasons.

First, I trust my process. I write by working every day, unless I’m ill, traveling or extremely busy. Writing every day is a luxury, and I cherish it. Churning out a specific word count daily would make writing a chore. 

Second, there are good and bad writing days. In the end, word counts are irrelevant. One great sentence can make a good writing day. Cutting a few thousand words can make a better one. 

Third I’m not much of a joiner. I wish all the participants of NaNoWriMo luck, inspiration and great writing days. It’s just not for me.  

2 comments:

TimInMich said...

I've tried NaNoWriMo, too, and got the targeted word count. Didn't have any lasting effect on me, though; so I haven't done it the last few years.

Ann Finkelstein said...

I never have done NaNoWriMo. For some people, it seems to be an inspiration, though.