Monday, December 31, 2012

Writing Goals

2012 was a tough writing year. After being advised to scramble my work-in-progress, I ended up with such a mess that I stopped writing for several months. This was, admittedly, a cowardly approach, and since then, I’ve pulled up my socks.

Looking ahead to 2013, I could set several minor goals, like polishing the first 20 pages of my work-in-progress and writing a synopsis for a January 27 conference deadline, or bringing submissions to critique group more often, but I’m going to stick to the big ticket items.

Ann’s Writing Goals for 2013
  1. Finish the first draft of the fantasy novel.
  2. Continue to seek gainful employment.
  3. Get back on the horse.
Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Kristin Lenz said...

I hear you! You can do it, Ann. Happy New Year!

Kim Van Sickler said...

Good luck Ann. Maybe a little time away was necessary to clear your head and refuel. I find that writing takes a lot out of me, emotionally. I get why you needed time away. Please feel free to send anything my way for a look-see. I owe you.

Theresa Milstein said...

I think you can do it too!