Monday, January 31, 2011

The Ice Photo Challenge

My friend and talented photographer, TimInMich, suggested this antidote to the winter blahs. The rules are simple. Photograph ice and email the pictures to each other. The categories are:
  • Prettiest Ice
  • Best-Lit Ice
  • Cropped Ice (before and after)
  • Close-Up Ice
  • Manipulated Ice (involves human intervention)
  • Weirdest Ice
  • Melting Ice*
Tim sent me seven photos within a week of the challenge. So far, I have one photo that might qualify. Ahem.

To add to the fun, I’m posting Tim’s pictures here if and when I take a photo in the same category. Tim’s photos will go up on Wednesdays and mine will be part of my Sunday nature series**. So brew hot cocoa and stay tuned for some chilling photography.

*This was my suggestion (ever the optimist)
** Disclaimer: If I don’t manage to find photos in all the categories before spring, Words and Pixels will host a TimInMich photo expo with all of his remaining pictures.

No comments: