Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Band with No Name

For one of my manuscripts, I need the names of a few imaginary rock bands. No problem. I assumed I could string together a few goofy or relevant words then google them to see if a band already used that name.

Ha!

Just about every band has a web presence, and just about every word or short phrase in the English language has been used to name these bands. I even tried some geeky scientific terms, but they are some of the most popular. Eventually, I came across a band name generator that was helpful, but I still don’t have a stellar name.

Any suggestions?

(I’m leaning toward metal bands because of the thunderous presence of a certain metal band in my life.)

2 comments:

Lori Van Hoesen said...

How about The Insulators?

Luminous aluminum
Copper metal clay
The Mad Pandas

Squeegee
Fork
The Sporks

The Esso Terricks

Ann Finkelstein said...

Lori:Thanks! Several of those have not been taken.