Monday, October 11, 2010

Lights, Camera, Action!

I’ve been recruited to make a music video for Jeremy’s band even though so far I’ve done only still photography. In my manuscript G&CBS (fka TAoCBS), Troy, the protagonist, makes a short film, and he has the entire novel to figure out how to do it.

I have a week.

Troy’s approach was to film everything in his life then cut, splice and edit a bunch of random footage into a video. Probably the band will want a more specific approach. I think practice is the answer – practice for everyone. Tonight, when Jeremy plays his guitar, I’ll start figuring out lighting and camera angles.

2 comments:

Rebecca Gomez said...

Sounds like fun. I've been playing around with video every since I got a Mac computer and realized how easy it could all be! I even made a trailer for one of my WIPs, which was a lot of fun.

Enjoy the process!

Ann Finkelstein said...

Rebecca: Thanks for the encouragement. The drummer's younger brother has a Mac and knows how to edit film. I was hoping to pass that part of the job on to him. :-)